Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Shape Up for Summer Fitness Challenge Day 13 - Dodging the Crud

Well, it appears that I have yet again luckily avoided catching the sick that's been going around. Dyl came home Friday with a small fever, Sky had a small fever and a migraine Sunday and Monday, and today Bry came down with a stomach bug and a temp of over 100. So knock on wood for me that I don't catch anything (and I'll keep eating my oranges and blueberries, lol).

Last night, the paper didn't update my "competition's" current status as we were all led to believe. When I asked Cassidy about it this morning, it appears that we will have an extra week. So it sounds like Heather will be updated next week and I, the week later (half way through the challenge if it's for only 8 weeks). Cassidy apparently told the Gazette that if they needed more pictures, they're gonna need to get up early since we're in there by 5 am. I think this is hilarious personally. However I just thought about this. When are they going to take the pictures? Cause Cassidy may not be there when they do...uh oh. mental note to ask him on Friday.

Next Friday, the 12th and the two workouts after that, I will be working out sans trainer so Cassidy can enjoy his Spring Break Vacation (well deserved for sure). I'll be sure to keep you posted rather well on those days. I did ask him to put together a workout plan for me. We also discussed that we aren't really focusing on any singular body part in our workouts. While this is obvious if you look at the exercise lists I've been posting, it's good to say it and keep in mind that we are focusing more on keeping me moving and active as well as setting up a routine. I may ask him for our last three or so weeks to slap me on a strength or tone type program.

Today we mostly avoided the machines and did a variety of exercises, from push ups to more crunches(ugg again) to jump squats (I laughed so hard at the time he wanted me to do the second set of jump squats for that even the fitness trainer stopped to see what was so funny and yes I did do the time limit) to resistance bands. We did do some cable work (butterfly pulls and row) and dumbbell work (hammer curls, overhead tricep curls and arm raises), as well as hamstring curls on the machine. I did stretch my poor back muscles out just by hanging on the back extension machine. And just to let you know how much Cassidy likes me doing crunches, he had me do them while he grabbed the spray oil to clean off  the cables for my butterfly pull.

I think I did pretty good today. We did alot with only a little bit of rest in between. I did start to get a bit light headed towards the end, but I think that was just from being out of breath. And yes the breaks did steadily get longer. But i think it was better than the previous workouts. And I did walkout again entirely exhausted, but I don't feel much muscle soreness yet.

I did end up skipping the evening treadmill I had planned last night, and I skipped the yoga I had planned tonight. First was due to just being exhausted. the second I wanted to make sure that Bry was ok and not too sick.

I'm still hovering around the 218-219 range in weight.  But that's ok. I only expect to lose about two pounds a week from this point on after losing the 6lbs the first week.That means that I should be about 23lbs lighter come my birthday. Woot! I'll be happy at each of the 10 markers (first was dropping under the 220, now aiming for the 210 and then the 200).

It's only 830pm and I'm already yawning like mad, so it''ll be an early night for me I think. I'm hoping that I'll be able to do a small workout tomorrow morning, but that will depend on how Bry feels and if he's up when I leave.

Here's the boring stuff for you. :)

Tuesday

22.77% protein
46.20% carbs
31.03% fat

Calories: 1629.5 (tgt 1661 per Livestrong.com) w/ 85 calories burned (1,545 calories)


Fat: 56.73 g
Cholesterol: 130 mg
Sodium: 2579 mg
Carbs: 190.03 g
Sugars: 85.32 g
Fiber: 13.75 g
Protein: 93.64 g
 
Today (I adjusted the calorie intake the Livestrong website to reflect my current weight)

26.35% protein
32.60% carbs
41.05% fat (ew, i shouldn't have had that hamburger, but I was craving protein, guess I should have had some peanut butter instead)

Calories: 1594.5 (tgt 1613 per Livestrong.com) w/ 314 calories burned (1,281 calories)

Fat: 74.38 g
Cholesterol: 225 mg
Sodium: 2497 mg
Carbs: 132.93 g
Sugars: 73.27 g
Fiber: 21.15 g
Protein: 107.43 g
 
I am still feeling pretty good, emotionally and physically. I hope that keeps up.
Much Love,

James

No comments:

Post a Comment