Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shape Up for Summer Fitness Challenge Day 7 - No Failure Allowed



Out of my book of wise words and sayings that I THOUGHT would be reserved for public speaking:

"Many a man has failed because he has a wishbone where his backbone ought to have been."

No more wishes people. For too long, I've been like the above...constantly wishing or wanting, waiting and hoping. There's always been an excuse. Time, money, lack of motivation. Now, I have no excuse. This contest has been practically handed to me because good people thought my wit and personality where fantastic. Well time to work on the bod to match the brain.

Time excuse: gone. I'm MAKING time for this to happen. With a full schedule of work and kids, I've set my work out time for the early am, before the kids even get up. Now, as the older two are slowly proving their responsibility while living with me, I think I maybe able to sneak off for some afternoon workouts or treadmill/bike action.

Money: This challenge has really set back any money worries I may have had about joining a gym. Read this as...yes , it's free. Why look at it badly. Use it. But really, can YOU put an actual price on feeling better? Not just physically, but about feeling better about yourself as a person? I can't.

Motivation: I've got alot of people stoked! Kristi has decided to start running again. Scotty has decided that there is no way in hell he's going to let me beat him...especially since he is in the lead at his employer's own weight loss challenge. I also have a lot of people rooting for me. From people at work to the guys(and ladies) at the gym, to my friends and family to even a kudos from a Gazette reader who saw me on the street today, this is motivation and encouragement galore. My kids are excited...heck even the ex-wives (yes I said wives...don't judge lol) are congratulating me, rooting for me and saying how adorable I'm gonna look (like I'm not adorable now...but still)

I'm feeling good today. Even after the hard crash yesterday cause of my calorie flub. Yes, the legs are a little sore. So are my lats. But I really feel like I'm accomplishing something.

Today I went in to grab a schedule for the classes and ended up talking to Frannie Walburn and Mark Olson (and a very nice lady, who I failed to catch her name...sorry) about eating and my workouts and just the competition in general. After we all talked, I'm really hoping this extends out to May cause I can't wait to see what I look like when summer rolls around with the extra 4 weeks of gym and trainer help.

I've decided, that if I can pull away from home after Dylan gets picked up, to try and at least hit 30 minutes on the treadmill. Yeah my legs are sore, but I'm not going to do anything silly, like try and run a thirty minute marathon.

Mark and Frannie suggest that I should perhaps get a protein mix and use that before/after workouts. We did have the discussion about the nutritionist at Emporia Fitness helping Heather, the other contestant and how I didn't quite think that was fair. However, after talking to them about it and since Genesis has competition caliber trainers, I think I'll be satisfied with any hints they throw my way. SIDENOTE: Frannie said a new spinning class will be offered in approx 2 weeks.

Okay. On to the boring stuff...

No exercise yet today.

Frisco Breakfast Sandwich (Hardees): 400 cal
Milk: 130 cal
Grapes: 54 cal (18 grapes at 3 cal/ea)
the other half of my Cold Cut Combo (subway 6"): 410 cal
One Diet Dr. Pepper: 0
Water: 0
Coffee: 0

Total calorie intake so far: 994 cal
I will be eating before I leave work:

Grapes: 54 cal
small apple: 55 cal

to boost me through to supper (total cal intake by 4pm: 1103)

So if I want to keep the intake at around 1800 cal a day I have to eat approx 700 more calories for supper.

This weekend, I'm going to look and see how I can spread the approx 1800 calories through out the day a bit more evenly.

Also, it looks like I will probably cook some Hamburger Helper tonight with green beans [keep in mind...three boys and budget...again, don't judge]

OH and today I completely forgot to take my supplements...go figure.

Until the next post,

Much Love,

James

No comments:

Post a Comment